Dance Teams First Game!

Abbygayle Frea, Staff Reporter

Last Friday, Aug. 23, there was a football game against Kimball at Kimball High. This was the dance teams first game performing, doing sidelines, and being in front of an entire crowd. Since it was their first performance  it’s always interesting to see how they felt during the game.

The first game is usually the most nerve wracking but is it like that for everyone?

“I was super excited to finally get to do sidelines and get to perform in front of all my friends , I love being able to hype up the crowd by doing what I love,” said Emerson Leiske, a freshman at Tracy High.

“I was very excited for my first game, but a little nervous at the same time. I had never cheered or performed in front of that many people, I wasn’t really sure what to expect,” said Karalee Butler, a senior at Tracy High.

“I was very excited but also a little anxious for the first game,” said Ella Whitecotton, a freshman at Tracy High.

“My first game went better than expected, I was nervous at first for the dance and sidelines, but it ended up not being bad,” said Abigael Shannon, a sophomore at Tracy High.

“I was so excited for my first game! I had been looking forward to the first game since practice started!” said Averie Ireland, a freshman at Tracy High.

As dancer being on the field seeing on the people sometimes gives them butterflies, but some might disagree.

“I felt really good, even though we learned our dance in a short amount of time. We all put in a lot of hard work to learn it and clean it so we can show how great we are,” said Leiske.

“I was nervous about the performance, but not as nervous as I expected myself to be. I thought we did an amazing job,” said Butler. 

“I am very proud of all of us I feel like we did a great job during the performance,” said Whitecotton.

“I think that my performance was pretty good for just learning the dance and I had a lot of fun,” said Shannon.

“Performing, I was a little nervous but I was so happy to be with my friends on the field,” said Ireland.

When doing cheers and performing a lot of dancers believe that there’s expectations when performing at a game. Is that rumor correct? 

“Honestly, yes, I watched the team the previous year and didn’t know it could be that fun!” said Leiske.

“I didn’t expect the crowd to be that loud, but it was great. As we were performing it was really cool you hear the crowd constantly cheering us on,” said Butler.

“It was a little different than I expected but overall I enjoyed it,” said Whitecotton.

“I was expecting it to go a lot worse than I expected but it ended up going really well,” said Shannon.

“The game was what I expected, I was thrilled to be on the sidelines for the first time as well!” said Ireland.

It seems that dance team really enjoyed their first game of the season! But now they have many more to come. Good luck for an amazing year!