Tracy High Wrestling Preview

Tracy High Wrestling Preview

Silver Archer Jr, Staff Reporter

This years Tracy High wrestling team is a mix between team members who have years of experience to members being a first year wrestler.

The varsity boys will have returning captain Eli Blackwell. Blackwell is a senior who has wrestled all four years of high school and long before. Blackwell started wrestling when he was 5 years old, so he has been doing it for 12 years. Blackwell is entering senior year with 116 wins under his belt. Blackwell is ranked 15 in the state for 132 pound division.

Jonathan Uhl is also a returning senior that has done wrestling all four years as well. Uhl has accumulated 8 wins at the varsity level. He spent a lot of time on JV but is ready to shine this season. They both are hoping to have a great season and show off all the hard work they put in during the offseason.

New to the team this year is a handful of freshmen and a handful of seniors joining for their first season as well.

Tracy high wrestling will official kick off with a tournament on the Dec 7. They’re hoping to find a diamond in the rough with this tournament since it’s for new members to the wrestling community.

The team was hoping to see Conner Lanthier wrestle again this year. He had a really good year last year winning 15 matches. Lanthier is unable to wrestle this year because of health problems, but he is returning to help assist the coaches with the new wrestlers.

The team believes this to be Tracy High’s year for a breakthrough wrestling season with the amount of talent this group of wrestlers have. They put in about 3 hours of practice after school everyday. They have a long season ahead of them, but they will give it their all during every match this season.