Q + A: U.S History teacher Taylor Laveroni

Averie Ramirez

History teacher Taylor Laveroni grades papers for her classes.

Averie Ramirez, Staff Reporter

Taylor Laveroni teaches junior U.S History at Tracy High. Laveroni graduated from Tracy High thirteen years ago. She enjoys reading, traveling, and is very excited about her new baby girl on the way.

When did you graduate from Tracy High? “In 2000.”

Where you senior class president or student body president? “I was class president my freshman and sophomore year, then my senior year I became ASB president.”

What do you remember most about Tracy High? “IB, I felt well prepared for college. I was also very involved, and I enjoyed planning events.”

What was your favorite memory? “Homecoming my senior year, because I was the president and I took a large part in planning it, I felt like it went well and it felt like a big accomplishment.”

Why do you teach history? “It’s the most interesting subject to me. It also fits into my law background.”

Did you always want to teach history? “No, I originally planned to go to law school, but then realized I didn’t want to. I moved to Los Angeles and became a retail manager at a paper company, then went into real estate, then at 26 went back to school to get my teaching credential.”

Why did you come back to Tracy? “Family definitely. I am very close to my parents. I wanted to leave for a little bit, but didn’t plan on coming back.”

What’s your favorite thing about Tracy? “The background I have here. I am the fourth generation to live in our house. We are a farming family and have deep roots in Tracy.”

What experiences did you get from visiting Europe? “In my junior year of college I took classes in Italy. It was a growing experience. I learned a new language, became independent, and experienced new culture.”

What was your favorite thing about being in Italy? “Experiencing the culture and being so close to all the surrounding countries.”

Why do you teach high school students? “I love the age, I want to help students move on to the next step in their lives.”

What’s your favorite thing about teaching? “Just working with the students. If I can at least get them to think a little differently, I feel like I have done my job.”

Do you have your baby name picked out yet? “Yes, her name will be Drew Dana.”

Do you have hobbies? “I enjoy reading historical fiction and thrillers. I also love to travel. I’ve traveled to the countries of Italy, Thailand, Canada, parts of the U.S, and Mexico.”