This is my high school career: Ellie Fisher

Ellie Fisher, senior

Wayne Thallander

Ellie Fisher, senior

Ellie Fisher, Staff Reporter

I have always wanted to be a Tracy High School Bulldog ever since both of my older sisters graduated from Tracy High. I knew I wanted to participate in extra-curricular activities from the start. I loved my experience at Tracy High from the beginning to the end.

My freshman year, I was nervous. I knew that Tracy High was majorly spirited, I was not so sure if I could live up to traditions. I went to a middle school where a good amount of my friends went to Kimball instead of going to Tracy. I knew that in order for me to get to know more people, I would have to join some type of extracurricular activity.

That year I played freshman volleyball and varsity softball. Varsity softball had to be the best moment of freshman year because I created a close bond with the seniors. I also met many great new friends.

Sophomore year was probably the most difficult year academic wise, but the most fun I have ever had. Instead of playing volleyball, I decided to try cross-country. This sport really changed my high school experience.

I met the greatest people, and I know I will keep in contact with them after high school. I will never forget the moment when our team got in trouble, and we had to crab walk around the football field three times! I also started my second year of varsity softball and our team made it to sections. Sadly, were eliminated in the first round. School was way more difficult, since I took more pre-IB (International Baccalaureate) classes. I struggled, but still came out of that year with decent grades.

Junior year was way easier than sophomore year. I only took one IB class and excelled in it. I ran cross-country again, but this time I ran the varsity distance. It took me awhile to get used to that change two miles to three miles, but I was still proud since I was the top two runner.

Junior year of softball is where I achieved the most. I ended up with a .559 batting average. I also had my 100th career stolen base during my junior year. I got the MVP all-league award, which means I was voted by all the league coaches to win this. This year was so important to me because I committed to Santa Clara University to play softball at the division one level and to get my college degree.

Senior year was finally here and I could not believe it. I decided to join journalism, and I am also the main editor of our yearbook class. I have enjoyed this year because it was the last year where I got to see my friends every day.

I had my best year in cross-country making it to sections at the end of the season. In November, I signed my letter of intent to play softball for Santa Clara University. This was the happiest moment of my life.

All the senior events so far have been great! I cannot wait until the Magic Mountain trip. I am currently playing my last season of varsity softball, which is really sad. I will miss playing this sport with all my teammates. We are on the path to sections, and I believe we will go far.

I will never forget these past four years as a Bulldog. Now that graduation is coming, everything is getting very real. Last week, I filed for housing at Santa Clara and it feels so crazy. I will miss all of my friends dearly, and I know that graduation is going to be very emotional. I learned so much from my peers and teachers. I will never forget Tracy High School.