This is my high school career: Wamil Juthani

Wamil Juthani, senior

Wayne Thallander

Wamil Juthani, senior

Wamil Juthani, Staff Reporter

I have come a long way since freshman year through academic challenges and choosing what I want to be or who I want to be. It is senior year, and time has gone by so fast. The class of 2014 is graduating on May 31, which is less than a month away.

I remember getting to school on the first day of freshman year as a nervous wreck, it was August 16, 2010. I only knew a few people because a lot of my friends went to West or Kimball High. I planned on pursuing the IB Diploma, I had taken the classes necessary and had my whole high school schedule planned out for all four years. I knew what I wanted to be and where I wanted to go to college, and how I was going to go about reaching my dream career.

I had a passion for science, it grew even more after taking Mrs. Raco’s Biology class. Everyone in class would complain about how boring it was, but the class was the only class that made me want to come to school. I was never good at English, and I did fairly well in math.

Sophomore year, we took our first history class, I learned from the beginning that I didn’t want to be a history teacher or a historian of any kind. Taking chemistry sophomore year, I was learning to love science more. I wanted to become a pharmacist but that plan didn’t work out, so well when I took two science classes my junior year.

Junior year, I took Advanced Biology 1 and Advanced Chemistry. I knew that I wanted to be something in the science field, but I didn’t know what anymore. That year, I really looked into the career for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology I learned that it was my main passion. I started looking at colleges and majors. I wanted to go to UC Davis and after graduating with a Biotechnology major, I wanted to work at Roche or AmGen, two companies in pharmaceutical biotechnology. I had internships planned and the whole deal. I had my future planned out.

Senior year, I have come a long way and now I’m confused about what I want to be, but that is okay. I know I will get far in life and still pursue a science career. I will be going to a community college for two years and transferring to a university after. Currently, these are my plans, and I know that my peers will do great with their futures as well.