New Brutus introduced at first rally

New Brutus is shown for the first time at first rally.

Samara Guillen, Staff reporter

The new and improved Brutus, Tracy’s mascot, caught everyone’s eyes, when he made his debut at the first rally on Sept. Not that the old Brutus was amazing but it was just time for a new one. He has many new qualities that make him stronger and powerful.

The process of getting the new Brutus was quite tricky. Student Activities Director Alayna Carter worked on the project all summer. She looked at different companies and their mascots and found one she really liked. As the process went along, the company from Canada sent her foam pieces of the new Brutus.

“I wanted his face to be cocky yet friendly,” Carter said. The new Brutus has more detail than the old one. The old Brutus was like a thick sweater just without any padding and just got really hot after a while, with nothing in it to cool the student down.

Some of the new things in the updated Brutus are the cooling inside. It is for the student in the suit to feel more comfortable. The mascot also has a cooling vest that the student wears over when wearing the suit. Ice packs are used to keep the wearer cool. The head piece is like a helmet that has a chin strap. There is a fan in the head piece to keep the students head cool. The feet have more padding, they are stronger, and have Velcro on them. The arms have padding to look muscular.

“Once I saw that there was a new opportunity to bring new experiences, so I wanted to try it,” Miles Spencer said. He explained that the mascot is more masculine than regular ones and finds it different. “New Brutus is just a little harder to put on and get into but it’s a lot better than the old one,” Noah Woodard said. Woodward described how he’s been in different mascots for his old schools but wanted to be a part of this new experience. He just wanted to be a part of something new and exciting. Spencer is in the mascot for the rallies and Woodard is for the football games.

What people didn’t know was the student store was selling jerseys that say Brutus on the back, which is the new Brutus shirt. No one knew that there was going to be a new Brutus.

“The other one was just ready to retire,

— Carter