Signing to play soccer is the next step in my life

Jake Pranke, Samantha Farmer, Ashley Hallen, and Taylor Boren signing to play soccer at the college level

Wayne Thallander

I made the biggest decision of my life on Feb. 4, by signing to play soccer for the next four years at Bluefield College in Virginia.

It was a lot of work to get to this point in my life. I been playing soccer since I was six years old and played on three different soccer teams. Each team and coach I played for taught me something new. I am the player that I am today because of coaches George Edwards, Mike and Gina Aguilera, and Jeff Hoffman.

On the day of my signing, I had almost all of my family members there and a couple of great family friends. Even though some of them didn’t come into my life until this year, it was still wonderful to feel their support.

Being able to grow up playing soccer with Taylor Boren, Ashley Hallen, and Jake Pranke was great because we all will be going on to play in college.

Being interview by two different newspaper writers was something I had never done before, so seeing pictures and quotes in the Stockton Record and Tracy Press was pretty cool.

The moment I signed the letter of intent, it was really hard to put my thoughts into words because it was the biggest thing that happen, so I didn’t know how to explain my feelings to the reporters. It didn’t feel real that I just signed to play the sport I love the most at the next level.

I have been waiting for this moment since my freshman year of high school soccer when I played for Coach Phil Kalis. When I first stepped on the field at Tracy High as a freshman, I didn’t know what to think about playing high school soccer.

I believe after my signing day that anyone can to do things to get closer to their dream or to play at the next level. If you work hard, then you should be able to move on to play in college.