• Follow our new twitter page: @tracyhighnews

• Follow our Instagram site: @tracyhighscholarandathlete for new and current updates

• The Tracy High Scholar & Athlete was inducted into the National Scholastic Press Association Newspaper Hall of Fame in 2002

• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper

• Email for newspaper adviser - Bond Cashmere, [email protected]

• Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360

• Tracy High is a California Distinguished School

Scholar & Athlete

Senior Sydney McCarthy’s role in the acting industry

Senior Sydney McCarthy currently attends Tracy High and has a bright future ahead of her. She has been acting her whole life and her first play was in first grade at her church. She played the role Noah and spoke in a Jamaican accent.

The biggest plays she’s done have been at the Grand Theatre. She has been in two this year alone.

“I’ve been in MC Hammer’s TV show in fifth grade which was the first time I was on TV,” McCarthy said.

She also competed in America’s Got Talent for standup comedy. She made it past a few rounds but did not get to the actual show.

She also had a role in a movie this past winter and it is releasing at a film festival this spring.

“I’ve been working with my marketing agent and recently I got offered a contract to sign with an acting agency in Hollywood,” McCarthy said.

“I like stage acting and books were my biggest inspiration,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy’s plans for the future hold a college education at Long Beach State University and she will actively be pursuing roles. She will start with print work or commercial work to get her going.

Eventually I’ll build my way up to film like movies or even work in the film industry behind the scenes”

— McCarthy

McCarthy continues to pursue her dream in acting and will work hard to be successful in the industry.