My life, so far: Ali Davis

Ali Davis

The best advice I would give to myself as a freshman is to just be me. I know it might sound cliché, but in high school everyone will do anything to be anyone. Coming from a senior, it’s not worth it. It’s best to just enjoy your four years of high school being you, instead of trying to fit in. Being cool in high school is not a thing, always remember that. Additionally, just enjoy high school as much as you can, meet new people, and try new things.

What I didn’t do that I wish I would have done in high school is to participate in more school activities. Those are important, especially when it’s your senior year and you are at your last football game wondering where all the time went. I also wish I tried a little bit harder in school. It wouldn’t have hurt if I studied more and gave 100 percent in my studies instead of just 50. That is something I will change and try to improve on when I to college.

I feel I have many accomplishments in high school, but one that I am truly proud of is that I am going to college. Ever since I was little, I dreamed of going to college and playing softball. I have played softball all of my life and have worked hard every practice just to make sure I got to where I am today. It was a lot of hard work and time, but it was well worth it in the end. That is why I am proud to say that I will be attending and playing Division 1 softball at the University of Delaware.

What I hope to accomplish in my future is to enjoy and succeed in college. I hope to possibly major in political science and pursue a career in that area. I also plan on coaching softball. It has been a part of my life for so long; I can’t imagine my life without it.