• The Tracy High Scholar & Athlete was inducted into the National Scholastic Press Association Newspaper Hall of Fame in 2002

• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper

• Email for newspaper adviser - Gary Henderson, [email protected]

• Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360

• Tracy High is a California Distinguished School

Scholar & Athlete

My life, so far: Crista Robles

Crista Robles, Adviser

Another school year is ending; however, this year is extremely different. I am a senior and this is my final year of taking journalism. Senior year has been a crazy ride, but I am finally ready to experience a new world and step out of my comfort zone as new freshmen will step into theirs. For incoming freshmen, I would say to get involved in as much as you can and spend time with good friends because before you know it you will be walking on the field to pick up your diploma.

Involving yourself in activities around school not only connects you to the school even more, but it also is a chance to meet new people who may become lifelong friends. I wish I could have done a lot more with my high school years. For example, I wish I finished out my last two years of basketball on the varsity team, and I wish that I had joined leadership, so I could have been even more connected to the school. I shorted myself by not being more involved, and if I could go back that is one thing I’d definitely change.

Throughout my four years I have accomplished many things; however, I am most proud of my completion in the Ag-Science Academy. During all four years I worked on a huge research paper and completed a project in which I raised$1562.00 for the American Cancer Society, specifically for Lung Cancer Research. I built to my schema more than I ever thought I would, and I am truly lucky for that experience because it was given to me by Tracy High.

My future plans after graduation consist of attending California State University, Chico, majoring in business administration (Management in the fall. Furthering my education at Chico State is going to open so many opportunities and it is going to allow myself to grow even more. By the end of my schooling, I hope to be a successful business owner with a small loving family by my side.