• The Tracy High Scholar & Athlete was inducted into the National Scholastic Press Association Newspaper Hall of Fame in 2002

• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper

• Email for newspaper adviser - Gary Henderson, [email protected]

• Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360

• Tracy High is a California Distinguished School

Scholar & Athlete

Seniors end year with variety of activities

Mattison Stokes getting thrown into the pool by Tony James

Wayne Thallander

Wayne Thallander

Samantha Farmer, Staff Reporter

As senior year comes to an end, more activities have taken place for the seniors to enjoy the end of the year. In the month of May 17, Senior Grad Night and Senior Beach Day took place.

Grad Night took place on May 12 and 13. The seniors left during fourth period on May 12, and started the road trip to Magic Mountain. The trip took seven hours. To pass the time, seniors watched Harry Potter on the bus and played on phones. Once the seniors arrived at the park, they had to wait until 9 p.m. until the gate open to start the night.

“Grad night was pretty awesome because I was able to kick it wit my bros,” Kyrin Collins said.

Beach Day is an activity where the senior class is excused from class all day to hang out at the pool, listen to music, and play volleyball, football, or soccer on the back field. Seniors ate,  Buffalo Wild Wings and Mountain Mike pizza for lunch and shaved ice for a refresher. A belly flop contest took place in the pool. The DJ started playing the “Cupid Shuffle” and the senior class danced to the song.

“I liked Beach Day because I got my summer tan started,” Thomas Greely said.

Greely enjoyed Senior Beach Day, but wished he was able to attend Senior Grad Night. He couldn’t because of the baseball season and he had a game.

“I liked Beach Day. We all came together as a class at the pool with the belly flop contest,” Alissa Chaffino said.

Chaffino enjoyed dancing with a group of her friends and throwing people into the pool.

I thought it was funny, when Taylor Boren was trying to throw Sam Farmer into the pool, but couldn’t because she was covered in coconut oil,”

— Alissa Chaffino

“Senior Beach Day! Last one, got out of class, everyone hung out together, and it was just awesome,” Hayley Fife said.

“The senior class had a great year together before going their separate ways,” Taylor Wills said.

“The Class of 2016 has made this year pretty great by working well together with all different activities,” Fife said.

“I can’t wait to graduate so I can start my new chapter of my life at Fullerton,” Brett Mansell said.

“I am excited to get out. These last four years took forever,” Cecy Duarte said. “Don’t get me wrong, senior year was a lot of fun, but I need to put these people in the past.”