Tracy High Madrigals

Justin Mass-Espinoza, Audrey Boyd, Jennifer Grover, Jacob Grover, and Kyle Vergara Espinoza

Jahdai Spikes, Editor

This year the Tracy High madrigals have been extremely busy this past semester having the opportunity to participate in many special concerts. Earlier in the year they had the honor of working with Mr. Derthick for the Central Valley Youth Symphony at University of the Pacific.

The Madrigals were also given the opportunity to perform at Delta Junior College alongside Mr. Sutherds and his ensembles.

On top of these two events they have done many smaller events such as the national anthem and various school performances.

Four students from the Madrigals – Audrey Boyd, Jacob Grover, Kyle Vergara and Justin Mass Espinoza- have also been accepted to Regional honor choir. These same students were accepted to All State Honor Choir which is a major accomplishment for not only those students but the Choir Director Jennifer Grover as well.

“As soon as the opportunity was available to me, I auditioned I’m always trying to push myself,” said Boyd.

“It was an interesting opportunity and I was excited to be able to see what I can do,” said Vergara.

The Madrigals have had so many special opportunities the past semester it is hard to believe that they have even bigger and better things planned for the next semester.

“Next semester I have a lot of exciting things planned. We are hopefully going to go to Disneyland, participate in some festivals, competitions, and perform with the other high school choirs at the all district choir festival,” said Grover.