• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Seniors Take on Disneyland

One more senior event, the 2024 Grad Night, checked off the list for Tracy High School’s graduating class.

The seniors were told to arrive at the school at 4 a.m. so the buses could leave at 5 a.m., with a six hour bus ride ahead of them before the real fun could begin.

Mickey, Minnie and Pluto were the names of the three buses that were taken in transport.

“On my bus on the way there everybody slept and most people also slept on the way back,” Madison Archer, a senior at THS,  said.

On the way there the buses stopped twice, once for fifteen minutes and the other for thirty, giving the students time to get food and use the bathroom. On the way back there was only one stop made, trying to get home as effectively as possible.

The seniors left Disneyland at 2 a.m. and got back to the school around 8 a.m. the next morning, completing their senior trip.

“Disneyland was a night to remember, very worth it as a senior trip,” Maggie Goodfellow expressed. “I loved going around meeting seniors from different schools and just enjoying my time with seniors I never expected to see.”

Seniors were given the option and allowed into both parks from the time they arrived until 9 p.m. After that they were all moved to California Adventure and were exploring all the rides until their departure.

Another senior, Ajah Alverez accompanied Goodfellow through the trip.

“The rides most of the day had short lines, Maggie and I ate a lot of different foods and met so many new people,” Alverez said. “One of the best moments of the night is when we went on Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Graduation will bring the class of 2024 to the end of their high school experience.