• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Beach Day

Beach Day

Beach day was a school sanctioned event where the seniors of Tracy High School got a full day of hanging around the school pool and the back field with plenty of activities to keep them busy throughout the whole day. 

In the morning, students are directed to the entrance between the N building portables and the boys sub gym. When students arrived there, they were scanned in through 5-star on their phone and given wristbands to ensure that only seniors entered the event. Although entrance was free, when you got in there was a coffee truck that required payment. There were also snacks and water bottles around the pool. Kona Ice also came on campus later in the day for students to buy snow cones once it got warmer. 

Students brought their own games for entertainment and canopies for shade.

For lunch the school got a local taqueria to cater the event.

The food in funded through the senior class with whatever remaining money they have. And I also do believe they have donations,” Kaitlin Jamie, a teacher at THS, stated.

Throughout the school year the school held fundraisers to raise money for these kinds of events to help make it easier for all kids to go by making it free to the students.

Throughout the day kids are entertained with cornhole, volleyball and football in different groups on the field.

I expected everyone to be out here just chilling in their tents and swimming,” Amy Garcia, said.

The history of beach day began years ago when school officials noticed many seniors taking multiple days off and wanted something where kids could skip class while still being at school. Shortly after that, they declared beach day as a school event in hopes of getting more kids to attend the school days towards the end of the year. 

“Hanging out with friends and coming all together to have fun was my favorite part of it,” Isabel Hernandez claimed.

Beach day was a good way to end the year and to see all of the class together before graduation.