• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Farewell to Seniors

Tracy High School recently celebrated its final spirit week of the year, spotlighting the senior class with various themed days and events.

The fun filled spirit week featured activities like Senior Beach Day and Senior Movie Night which all lead up to a fun-filled Lip Dub and rally. The participation was high, and the school community came together to enjoy the spirited festivities. 

On day one of spirit week, students were encouraged to wear tropical clothing. Ellie Alegre and Claire Posten embraced the theme with enthusiasm. 

“We decided to dress up because we love supporting our school, and being spirited is fun,” Alegre expressed.  

The day corresponded with Senior Beach Day, adding to the tropical atmosphere as students paraded around campus in their vibrant colored outfits. 

Day two was “Anything but a Backpack Day,” where students got creative with their alternatives to backpacks.

Luke Bailey humorously brought a surfboard instead. When asked why, he mentioned his plans for the upcoming Friday at the beach with his fellow senior classmates.  

“I brought a surfboard instead of a backpack because me and my buddies plan on going surfing on senior ditch day,” Bailey said.  

His choice added a fun twist to the day’s activities and highlighted the anticipation for the upcoming senior event. 

For day three, students participated in “Wear Your Future Day.” Ling Han was seen sporting a Michigan State t-shirt, signifying her future college choice.  

“I decided on Michigan State because I want a change, and I also have family out there,” Hong said.

This day allowed students to share their post-high school plans and celebrate their futures together. 

Day four’s theme was “Wear Green and Gold,” and Precious Talavera went all out with her school spirit attire.  

“I decided to dress up because it’s fun to be spirited and make memories to look back on while in high school with your friends,” Talavera said.

This day also featured the Rotation Rally and the school’s first-ever Lip Dub. The excitement was visible, as students gathered in their green and gold attire, bringing pom-poms and colored powder to amplify the school’s spirit. The Lip Dub was a highlight, with students enthusiastically participating and showcasing their pride for Tracy High.  

The rotation rally added to the energy, uniting the seniors in a memorable celebration of their school.  

The final spirit day was “Wear Your Class Color Day,” marking the end of the spirited week.   

In conclusion, Tracy High School’s final spirit week was a huge success, with students enthusiastically participating in each day’s theme.  

The week was both fun and bittersweet, as students enjoyed the festivities while the seniors also prepared to say goodbye.