Q + A: Modified English teacher Nancy Rosato

Modified English teacher Nancy Rosato works on paper work.

Esmeralda Arellano

Esmeralda Arellano, Staff Reporter

Nancy Rosato teaches modified English and, who used to teach both modified English and science, but is now only teaching English.

Where did you go to college? I went to San Joaquin Delta College for two year, but I transferred to Fresno State and went there for two years. I also went to University of the Pacific in Stockton for one year.

What do you like about teaching? I like working with the students and pretty much everything except the paper work. Teaching keeps me young.

What are your hobbies? I like music, I play the guitar and I like watching movies and gardening, I tend to grow things that attract humming birds and butterflies I grow herbs too. I also like playing video games.

What’s your favorite movie? I tend to like romantic comedies and ones with happy endings; I also like thrillers but not scary ones. My favorite movie is “Music and Lyrics” because I like the dialog and it’s funny and it has a happy ending.

When did you know you wanted to be a teacher? I was in my sophomore year in college and I did some volunteer work for Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton. I worked in three different class rooms, and I liked them all. Until I did that, I didn’t know I wanted to be a teacher. Doing volunteer work brought me happiness, and that is when I realized that I wanted to be a teacher.

If you could have a super power what would it be? I would like to fly, so I could get to places fast and soar over everything. The weird thing is I’m afraid of heights, but I still want that super power.

Do you have any kids? I have one daughter, she is 17,and she goes to school in Stockton.

What do you usually do over the summer? I take several short trips. I go to the movies a lot, walk my dog, and spend time in my garden. I also pick up cheap school supplies at the Galt flee market.

What’s your favorite sport to watch and play? My favorite sport to play is Wii sports and my favorite sport to watch is volleyball.

How many years do you plan on teaching? I plan on teaching for a total of 40 years. That is by the time I retire, when I do retire I want to work in the garden department in Orchard Supply.

What other job would you do if you could go back in time? If I could go back in time and change my career path, I would be a nurse because I spend a lot of time in hospitals with my family, and I really admire what they do. They spend a lot of time in sick people’s lives, and it makes a tremendous impact on the sick person’s life if they are good nurses.