Tracy High leadership class plans movie-themed Homecoming

Chris Coykendall

Associated Student Body president Devra Asah works with fellow leadership student David Hinson.

Chris Coykendall, Staff Reporter

A movie genre themed homecoming for the Tracy Bulldogs is just a few months away, and many of the events are already in place. Homecoming will be held the week of Oct. 14-18, with the parade taking place in downtown Tracy after school on Oct. 18.

Tracy will be having a practice for its night rally on Oct. 15, and the actual rally set for the following night on Oct. 16. The rally will take place in the newly constructed Wayne Schneider Stadium. Devra Asah, ASB President, oversees leadership’s events, including homecoming.

“I’m really excited for the rally because that is when homecoming king and queen are announced,” Asah said.

There will be the freshman football game on Oct. 17, followed by the powder-puff game with the junior class girls against the senior class girls in the new stadium. Powder-Puff packets will be available online, www.tracyhighactivities.com, by Sept. 19.

“Last years powder-puff game was fun to watch,” senior David Hinson said. “Because it’s cool to see people I know playing football under the lights.”

Friday, Oct. 18, is homecoming day. Following school will be the homecoming parade showcasing all the clubs, sports teams, class floats and the marching band.

Tracy’s varsity and sophomore football teams will face the Lodi High Flames; game times are 5 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. After the varsity game there will be a homecoming dance in the Girls Sub Gym. The dance is $5 for general admission, if you have ASB it is free, and will start around 9 p.m. and end at 12 a. m.

Homecoming nominations for senior court will be available by Sept. 16. Fall sports and club homecoming nominations forms are due by 2 p.m. on Sept. 23 (Room D111). Voting for homecoming king and queen, as well as class princes and princesses will take place on Sept. 25, 26, and 27. The princes and princesses will be announced Sept. 27, or the following Monday, Sept. 30.

“People should really be excited for this homecoming,” Asah said.

Along with the usual homecoming games that pit each class against each other, a new game had been created. This game involves recycling that goes on throughout the week and the class that collects the most earns points. Science teacher Dean Reese inspired this game.

“All the money from the recycling will go to the science and special education departments,” Activities Director Alayna Carter said.