Students and teachers stay motivated in the second semester

samara guillen, staff reporter

Positive, optimistic, and genuine are just a few ways to stay motivated after winter break. It can be difficult, but with the right mindset, it can become easier.

“During second semester I’m usually really motivated because I know how I did and what I need to do to keep my grades up,” sophomore Joanna Arias said.

Arias explained that she knew the consequences when you fail a class and she didn’t want to deal with the stress and being overwhelmed. Her goals this second semester are to a least get Bs, so that it will make it easier to get to As.

“It is hard to stay motivated in second semester because we can’t wait for summer vacation and for the year to be over,”

— senior Cirina Muzzin

Muzzin described how important it is to have goals because if you don’t have any then you don’t have motivation. Since she is a senior, these last two quarters will be all her effort so that it will help get into college. Muzzin recommended getting good grades will help in the future to get a good job.

“I am one of those people that are afraid of failing and that itself is my motivation,” Spanish teacher Minerva Collins.

Collins explained that students don’t necessarily stop being motivated or give up during second semester because it’s closer to summer break.

“Second semester is super hard because it’s the last, which is overall harder, and since I worked a whole semester and went to break its difficult to stay on track again,” junior Alondra Luna said.

Luna explained how knowing it will pay off is her motivation. She described a good way to stay motivated, until the last day of school, so she doesn’t give up or get stressed out.

“Staying motivated is hard, especially if you have no clue what’s going on in class, I plan to pay more attention and force myself to do the best that I can,” sophomore Piper Frankel said.

Frankel describes good ways to stay motivated is to pay attention more and to try harder.

“I always encourage students and always positive,” math teacher Kathy Teixeira.