New photosharing app add new options for yearbook

Regine Manuel

Maxine Almendra and Ellie Fisher look through last year’s yearbook.

Regine Manuel, Staff Reporter

To showcase the memories of the school year, Nancy Stamatis’s Yearbook Design class is coming out with a new way to include everybody into the yearbook.

Replay It is something new the yearbook class has come out with for the students of Tracy High. It is new app that can really help out the yearbook class with photos and can be an easy way for students to be included in the yearbook. Students can download this app for free on their smartphones and tablets in the app store. Replay It is also accessible online on any computer.

“It’s a new app that students can get on their smartphones or access online,” Ellie Fisher, one of the editors of yearbook said. “Students can post photos of themselves during football games, soccer games, or any type of school event.”

The yearbook class takes a look at the photos posted on Replay It, and pictures are chosen to be included in the yearbook pages.

For example, students can post photos of their groups during senior tailgate and it’s a much easier way for the yearbook class to access photos for events to include in the yearbook.

“I feel that it’s a cool app that helps get a lot of pictures from a multitude of people,” Tracy High senior, Tania Torres said. “However, I think that it’s hard for people to upload a lot of pictures at once, but it’s a really efficient way to have everyone’s pictures all in the same place.”

As of now, students will have to wait and find out what new things the yearbook will have in store. The yearbook class likes to keep what’s going on a secret so people will have something to look forward to. The audience is something Stamatis finds extremely important and, hopefully, each year her class “wows” them with the yearbook.

“Every year we try to make a book reflecting the school,” Stamatis said. “We also try to make it more artistically designed.”

The yearbook was being sold at $75 during registration, but the price has risen to $80. There hasn’t been a change in prices for a while and Stamatis has no plans on changing them anytime soon.

“I have kept the same prices for several years to help out our students,” Stamatis said.

Keeping the same prices for several years is a way to help students save more money. It has already reached a point to where it would be too costly for students to purchase a yearbook if the price increases.

If students did not purchase a yearbook during registration, they are still on sale for $80 in cash due to the bookkeeper for a limited amount of time.