My life, so far: Cassidy Denoyer

Cassidy Denoyer, Staff Reporter

The best advice I could give myself is to not procrastinate so much. I usually do my assignments the night before or the day it is due. My reasoning is because I usually do my best work when I am under extreme time pressure, but it caused me to always be stressed out. Just the other day, I had a huge project due, and I ended up making the poster the morning it was due. I typed the essay throughout the day on my phone and then printed it out the period before it was due. I ended up doing well on the assignment, but I’ve never been so stressed before in my life. So, I would tell myself not to procrastinate and take my time doing an assignment.

Throughout high school, I wished that I played a high school sport every year so I could make more friends and have something to do after school. It would also give me more to work for and a better chance of getting into college, if I was good at the sport. It wasn’t until this year that I decided to try different sports just for fun, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I made a countless number of good friends playing tennis and wrestling.

There are a lot of accomplishments I am proud of. I am proud of getting straight A’s my freshman year. That took a lot of work, but it was worth it because my parents were proud of me. I’m proud of earning my varsity block T for wrestling and wining the very first tournament I ever competed in. That was one of the best and most memorable days of my life. I am proud that I got over my shyness when I started high school and have made plenty of new friends. I was so shy that I had trouble talking to anyone. Now, I love talking to anyone and my strength in school is doing class presentations. I have changed a lot.

I hope to get through my senior year with good grades and be able to go to all the senior activities and have fun at them. Senior year is supposed to be the best year of high school and I intend to make it just that. I also hope I will get into a good college and get a good job where I can travel so I don’t have to stay in one spot for a long time.