Tracy Wins Hoopla Basketball Game

Garrison Cable and Trey Cox

Excitement is in the air for the much anticipated Hoopla week. Consisting of a full week of activities from the Jan. 21 to 25, determination is in the air for the athletes and the students coordinating the weeks festivities in preparation.

Hoopla is always a fun week for students because everyone gets to participate.  For every student, spirit week is how to show your support.

This years Hoopla spirit is: green and gold on Tuesday, favorite super hero on Wednesday, and white and neon on Thursday. Similarly to Homecoming, Hoopla week is a week where students wear their best spirit attire building school pride and anticipation for the basketball game where the Tracy High basketball team takes on Lincoln High.

From the banners and posters to watching the basketball game versus one of our rivals. Our varsity team holds plenty of talent and the players are as prepared as they will ever be.

Kyle Simpson, a senior at Tracy High who plays on the varsity basketball team had this to say about what the anticipation for their Hoopla game meant to him.

“To be honest, there’s no better feeling than playing in front of a packed house versus a league rival. Playing in front of hundreds of friends and family is an amazing moment, and after missing it my junior year, it reminded me how special it is. This team we have is not going to wow anybody, but we plan on shocking everyone this year. We have a lot of guys who know their roles and do it very well, led by a great coach, it’s a recipe for success” Said Simpson.

Simpson, who plays as the teams forward and many other players on the team are skilled at their positions, but with that comes expectations and pressure as for what the outcome of the game will be.