• The Tracy High Scholar & Athlete was inducted into the National Scholastic Press Association Newspaper Hall of Fame in 2002

• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper

• Email for newspaper adviser - Gary Henderson, [email protected]

• Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360

• Tracy High is a California Distinguished School

Scholar & Athlete

The Joker Did What?

Varsity+team+members+Maddison%2C+Gianna+and+Amanda+pose+for+a+quick+picture+before+the+rally+

The Joker Did What?

Varsity team members Maddison, Gianna and Amanda pose for a quick picture before the rally

Chase Burns and Jenna Burk

White pants, white shirts and neon long sleeves, its time for Hoopla! As the basketball season starts to come to an end it is time for their very own homecoming, called Hoopla. During the week of Hoopla there are activities at lunch and different spirit days for every school day. This year Hoopla week was only a three day week and concluded with the big game on Friday January 25.

The special week of Hoopla is planned by our ASB class at Tracy High School. Each year for the leadership class final they break into groups and come up with ideas for Hoopla.

“Mrs. Carter gives us a certain rally to plan and basically we will create a scenario on how we would do the rally,” said Marti Rhinhart one of our ASB officers.

“Many good ideas come from the groups’ finals and this year we basically picked DC VS Marvel and based the rally off of that,” said Rhinehart.

When walking into the Hoopla rally you may not be so impressed from the start, but once the rally begins the whole thing starts to come together.

Leadership has come up with the idea to have Wonder Woman and Spiderman be the hosts of the whole rally but only one thing… The Joker decided to take away all the lights and tried to ruin the whole rally.

Hoopla traditionally is a black light rally and that would explain why the Joker would take away all the lights. For freshmen this was a new thing for them.

“My favorite Hoopla memory is when all the lights turn off and everyone wearing white starts to glow in the dark,” said Rhinehart.

Each club and team here at Tracy High wore at least a white shirt so they can be seen performing during the rally.

This years Hoopla was truly the loudest rally thus far. After each club performed, the crowd went crazy and was continuously blow away by each performance.

Hoopla 2019 has topped off past years, but will leadership be able to go above and beyond even more next year?

About the Contributors
Chase Burns, Contributor

Chase Burns is a junior at Tracy High School. He is involved in the Bulldog Project as well as the Performing Arts Magnet. In his free time, he enjoys...

Jenna Burk, Contributer

Jenna Burk is a Senior at Tracy High. She is involved in Bulldog Project and FFA. She also enjoys attending all sporting events. In her free time, she...