• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tracy High Falls Short

Tracy Highs Varsity Boys Soccer team unfortunately had a tough loss against, cross town school, Kimball High at the start of their season. Although losing four to one, the improvement from last year is unmatched.  

Just because one game’s outcome was a loss does not determine the outcome for the rest of their 2023-2024 season.  

“It’s still early in the season, first game. We will learn from a couple of mistakes early in the game and then we practice what we need to and improve and turn this season around,” Coach Jose Carlos said.   

Senior Kenneth Villatoro said, “The midfield wasn’t really dropping, defense was not where it usually is, but it is okay we will hope for better next time,” senior, Kenneth Villatoro said. “We need more team communication and team practices to become one unit.” 

“It was our first game and we have added some new players and some that were brought up from junior varsity. Kimball is a tough match up, but I thought we played well,” after the game, junior, Brandon Garcia added. 

“We need to improve considering we allowed four goals this game. We need to work cohesively on defense, and marking especially, it is a humbling experience, but I do think we can move forward,” Josue Salguero said.  

Last year Tracy lost six to zero to Kimball but this year they were able to score first.