• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Bulldogs Got Talent

So many amazing talents were showcased at this year’s ‘Bulldogs Got Talent’ in the Emma Baumgardner theater at Tracy High School on Feb. Family and friends were gathered enjoying the unique skills portrayed in each performance. 

The talent show included humorous performances and jaw-dropping skills that individuals revealed. The students participating in the show worked vigorously and practiced hard to ensure an enjoyable and well-planned performance. 

Alejandro Lopez

Alejandro Lopez, one of the students that participated in the talent show, gave a very beautiful singing performance. Many individuals cheered for him and received remarkable feedback from the judges, which earned him a certificate. 

Alejandro mentioned loving music and singing ever since he was 7, with his dad being his main inspiration.  

“It was surreal, because there were so many awesome talents, I didn’t think I’d actually win,” Lopez said. 

There was also a duo who performed together, Kasey Lam and Alana Placido, one was singing while the other played ukelele. Both were also given outstanding ovations, earning the girls a certificate for their unique talent.  

Kasey Lam and Alana Placido

“We saw the opportunity and said, let’s do it so we did,” Placido and Lam said when asked what motivated them to participate in the talent show. 

Abella Maygora gave a beautiful dance performance. You could really see the dedication and emotion etched on her face and through her dance. The judges were very impressed and at the end of the night they decided the winner of the ‘Bulldogs Got Talent’ would be Maygora.  

Abella Maygora

“It felt really good winning since I’ve been working really hard on this dance and practicing since December,” Maygora said excitedly.

At the end of the night the event really made it a wonderful opportunity for individuals to share their talents whether it was singing, dancing or magic tricks. It was amazing for the audience to watch the students express themselves and be provided with a platform for them to showcase their skills and talents.