• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Battle to November

In early March, it was announced that President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump will be the two main candidates for the 2024 election.

Although the two have done this before, they are still battling the same conflicts they were four years ago, when the two ran against one another in 2020.

Biden is the main candidate for the Democratic party and Trump is the main candidate for the Republican party.

Seeing as the election is seven months away, political scientists have already begun analyzing the data that comes before voting. This helps voters and strategists have a better understanding about where each candidate stands.

Biden and Trump remain the top two candidates and are nearly tied in general election polls. But looking into statistics taken over the past couple months, it is shown that Trump has a very slight lead.

The Feb. 14 Emerson College poll with 1,225 voters has Trump leading Biden, 40% to 38%. Another poll taken the same day, known as the Echelon Insights poll, consisting of 1,015 voters has Trump in the lead over Biden with a percentage of 49% to 45%. A CBS News poll released in early March showed that Trump had his largest lead yet, ahead of Biden, 52% to 48%. It should be noted polls are constantly changing, however.

Biden and Trump dominated Super Tuesday, sealing their fate as this year’s primary candidates.

Trump’s primary race is known as the most successful for a non-incumbent Republican in

modern history. After a successful primary along with poll numbers rising, Trump’s team has renewed confidence.

“The only person who can beat Donald Trump is Donald Trump,” David Urban, senior Trump campaign advisor, stated.

With the fact that the polls are almost equal right now, the election could sway either way, especially considering other polls in recent months have found Biden with a slight lead.

While some polls claim that Trump may win in November, some political analysts and experts tend to think that Biden will close out on top, landing another four-year term in office.

“The strength of the president’s [Biden] record is only matched to his party,” Simon Rosenburg, a democratic strategist, claimed.

As November inches closer, it’s clear that the two candidates are nearly tied as they continue to search and grasp for winning votes down the stretch.