• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Prom: A Bridgerton Experience

On April 13. Tracy High held its 2024 “A Night in Bridgerton” themed prom in the Oakland Scottish Rite Center. The theme of the prom was based off the popular Netflix show, Bridgerton.

The night began when the Tracy High Bulldogs arrived at the school cafeteria. From there, students were given light up bracelets, as their entrance ticket to the venue, and had the chance to discuss the excited night ahead of them. There were eleven buses used to transport the students from the school to the venue.

“Getting to see everybody before actually getting to prom was really nice because it gave students a chance to take photos and talk to their friends,” Bella Aguilar, a junior at Tracy High said.

Once the students arrived at prom, a red carpet awaited them leading them into a large dining room. The food was set up in a buffet line right when you walked in. The dinner consisted of mac and cheese, chicken, salad, bread, potatoes and brisket. Along with dinner, live Bridgerton themed music played in the background while the students ate and talked.

“I thought the food was super good, the mac and cheese tasted nice,” Ianna Diaz, a junior said.

Jazmine Fargas, junior ASB president, disagreed.

“The food quality wasn’t good, and I didn’t care for it,” Jazmine Fargas, junior ASB president disagreed.

After dinner, students were brought upstairs to the dance floor and casino. Students were not allowed back downstairs once they arrived. Many students were a bit hesitant to hit the dance floor, but once fun and upbeat music started playing, the Bulldogs couldn’t resist.

Mrs. Burton, an English teacher at Tracy High School, showed a couple moves on the dance floor.

Along with the dance floor, the casino was a big hit amongst the Bulldogs. Many students were really having a lot of fun fake gambling with their peers as the room remained packed the entire night.

“The casino was a good activity and it really kept people entertained,”  junior Kenna Huggins expressed. “It brought out many people’s competitive side.”

For dessert, students had a chocolate fountain and tons of dipping options, ranging from strawberries to Rice Krispy Treats. Along with the chocolate fountain, drinks were available at different drink stations. Students stopped by drink stations that offered different enjoyable refreshments such as Shirley Temples and Coca Colas.

To end the night, the prom king and queen were crowned after students got the opportunity to vote on the bus ride on the way to prom. The crowned king and queen for 2024 were Kayden Mattos and Amaya Martinez.

The Tracy High 2024 Prom was a success, leaving many students extremely satisfied with their unforgettable experience. From the delicious food to the glamorous outfits, every detail helped contribute to making prom exceed all expectations. As many students would argue, nobody does prom like Tracy High.