• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Taste of Diversity

The Multicultural Fair was held on April 26th after the final bell rang at Tracy High School. The Multicultural Fair’s purpose was to raise awareness of diversity through food, along with acknowledging and developing a stronger understanding for certain global issues. 

For example, school clubs were present during the Multicultural Fair, where students presented facts about certain events around the world, while selling food that displayed diversity within each club.  

Multicultural fairs are full of different ethnic communities, spreading their knowledge and culture throughout the community.   

Sophomore Isabella Hernandez was present during the Multicultural fair.  

“The Multicultural Fair was cool,” Hernandez continued. “The fair’s purpose is to promote sales and fundraise for all the clubs.” 

While being interviewed, Hernandez was trying Lumpia, a Filipino eggroll.  

Also present was senior Stacy Ortiz. Ortiz said she attended the fair in hopes of trying new fun. 

“This is fun,” Ortiz said. “There are many food options to try. It’s cool seeing the different food options here.” 

The diversity of food choices helped represent Tracy High School, a place where diversity is encouraged to be celebrated and appreciated.  

Sophomore Payton Ariella, a member of multiple clubs such as BSU, Voices for Diversity, and AVID club participated in the Multicultural Fair.  

According to Ariella, the club’s goal is to spread diversity and spread the taste of different foods. As well as bringing more awareness to Tracy High School.  

The event, which took place on Friday, displayed a great opportunity for individuals, both students and staff alike, to learn about new cultures through diverse food.