Q + A: Counselor Gloria Miller

Counselor Gloria Miller and secretary Merry Zimmerman organize testing reports.

Parnoor Khinda, Staff Reporter

Tracy High counselor Gloria Miller loves to see high school students succeed in anything that they pursue. Miller is motivated by helping others. Also, she enjoys seeing high school students mature and go to a college or find a career.

What is one piece of advice that you would give to high school seniors? “Make sure that you are current with all your classes and do things in a timely manner when applying to colleges. Taking a rigorous academic load is key and, most importantly, enjoy your last year of high  school.”

What are your hobbies? “I like to read and play Sudoku. Also, I enjoy camping, spending time with my grandchildren, and visiting colleges.”

What is your favorite type of food? “My favorite type of food is meatloaf with macaroni and cheese. I like double stuffed Oreo cookies with vanilla ice cream as well.”

What do you love most about your job? “I love helping students succeed in school to either go into a career or college.”

What is the most difficult part of your job? “The most difficult part about my job is telling a student that they do not have enough credits to graduate.”

What is your favorite place to go to on a day trip? “I enjoy going to San Francisco because of the very diverse and cultural environment. I like visiting the art museums and relaxing on the beach.”

If you could change something about education, what would it be? “I would like to see more resources for kids through funding, so that they can have the best possible atmosphere to learn. In addition, I believe that students should have the best technology possible in classrooms in order to make learning more fun and engaging.”

What motivates you? “Seeing students develop into influential beings and develop academically inspires me. I love helping others.”

What super power would you like to have? “It would be awesome to be able to fly, so that I could instantly travel to any place that I want to go to. Also, it would be amazing to fly to work.”

Do you have a bucket list and what are some things on it? “Currently, I do not have a bucket list, but if I did, I would want to learn how to fly a plane.”