Yearbooks are available for purchase until January 24

Regine Manuel

Yearbook student Tania Torres works on a yearbook page.

Regine Manuel, Staff Reporter

An extension on the deadline for buying yearbooks was given to the students of Tracy High, which allows them to purchase a yearbook until Jan. 24. Yearbooks are available to be purchased in the bookkeeper’s office for $80, cash only. After this date, the yearbook will not be available for purchase.

Each year Nancy Stamatis’s Yearbook Design class creates the yearbook. To bring excitement for the new book, videos are now being incorporated into the yearbook with a program called Aurasma.

This is a fairly new program the yearbook class was introduced to this year and the students of the yearbook class provide the videos.

“This program will allow the readers to open certain pictures with a smartphone to view the event as it occurred in time,” Stamatis said.

Yearbook editor Ellie Fisher said she is really excited for this new edition to our book.

“It will make our book different from other high schools,” Fisher said.

There will not be much video incorporation throughout the book, it will mostly be used on one of the main pages, but they plan to incorporate it more in future yearbooks.

Replay It was another program introduced to the school last year which allowed the students to download the app to their smartphones or access it on their computers. The students can then post pictures of themselves at school events to make it easier for the yearbook class to include photos in the yearbook.

“Replay It has been absolutely fabulous,” Stamatis said. “It allows our yearbook class to have pictures from certain events that our yearbook students could not obtain.”

Ads are also something included in the yearbook every year. There are ads that can be sold to businesses in the community and ads that can be sold to the parents of senior students. These ads help to offset the printing costs which help keep the price of the yearbooks down. The current price has been maintained for the last eight years without an increase.

The ads are available until Feb. 3, and can range from $100 to $250 for a quarter page to a full page. The bookkeeper has forms that give the specific price and size information.

The yearbook will be finished around the end of March and distribution day will be on May 23, the last Friday before finals week.

“I have a really great group this year, and we are working hard to ensure the best quality that we can possibly give the students of Tracy High so it can be the best book ever,” Stamatis said.