Students set resolutions for the new year

Senior Hayley Jenson starts homework early to stop her procrastination problem.

Hunter Lew

Hunter Lew, Staff Reporter

At the start of the new year many people make new year’s resolutions to improve their life for the upcoming year. Some people make a resolution to change a bad habit or to start a positive habit.

When many people start the new year they feel that they will accomplish the resolution, but often time as the year goes on, they start to lose interest in the obstacle they first pledged to overcome.

“I don’t believe in pinning resolutions to a particular date such as new year’s,” senior Sarah Bai said. “It’s too contrived to believe in a date, which in itself is arbitrary. Anytime throughout the year, whenever I decide that there is something I want to change about myself, I just try to change right then.”

Many students at Tracy High have created new year’s resolutions to better themselves.

With college right around the corner for many seniors, they feel that they need to start preparing themselves for the college level standards.

“My new year’s resolution for the 2014 year is to stop procrastinating,” senior Haley Jensen said. “With my senior year ending and college starting, I need to become more focused and organized.”

Senior Sylvia Guasch agreed with Jensen.

“I hope to stay more focused for the rest of my senior year,” Guasch said. “Being in AVID has helped me do so.”

Other students had different resolutions such as eating healthier and exercising more.

“My goal for this new year it to start working out every night,” junior Marwa Wahba said.

Junior Evan Savage had a similar goal.

“I hope to start running more in my free time so that I can prepare for next year’s cross country season,” Savage said.

Senior Tayler Misfeldt wants to have better eating habits.

“I would like to go the whole year without drinking soda,” Misfeldt said. “Soda has a lot of sugar and that is not good for you.”

Another Tracy High student had a much different type of resolution.

“My new year’s resolution is to get my license,” sophomore Maria Rodrigues said. “I hope to accomplish this by finishing all of my behind the wheel lessons on time so that I can get my license in time.”