Prom was a night to remember

Michelle Lew

A group of seniors pose for a picture.

Hunter Lew, Staff Reporter

Prom was held at the Sunol Country Club on April 5 from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. There were photo booths, light boxes to dance on, a DJ, a soda bar with unlimited drinks, and an assortment of food with a chocolate fountain.

Many students got groups of friends together and went on party buses and limousines for dinner before they headed to the dance.

The Prom King was Aaron McAllister and the Prom Queen was Gianna Violante.

“I had a really great time at prom,” senior Keara O’Brien said. “I had a really fun group of friends that I went on the party bus with and then we all went to the dance.”

Some things that people liked about prom were the photo booths, the music selection, the unique ballot boxes, the soda bar, the light up dance boxes, light shows, fog, the coat checks and the decorations.

Some things people disliked about prom were the techno music, the crowd surfing, and having to clean up.

“I really enjoyed my senior prom,” senior Sylvia Guash said. “The dance was amazing and I loved seeing everyone dressed up, it was definitely a night to remember.”

Another senior had a similar experience.

“I’m glad that I got to spend my last prom with such a great group of friends” Kaleigh Hartman said. “I had an amazing date and I wouldn’t have wanted to go with anyone else.”

Many students were happy to hear that McAllister won the title of Prom King.

“I was really happy when Aaron McAllister won Prom King,” senior Dennis Nguyen said. “When they announced his name everyone started cheering and chanting his name, you could feel the positive energy in the room.”

One of the most popular parts of Prom was the food that was available to students.

“I was really excited about the chocolate fountain,” senior Minyon Spencer said. “I heard that there would be a chocolate bar at the dance so I was looking forward to it.”