This is my high school career: Hayley Nunes

Hayley Nunes, junior

Wayne Thallander

Hayley Nunes, junior

Hayley Nunes, Staff Reporter

The three years I have been in high school have gone by so fast. Through the years, I have made many memories, made new friends, had good and bad teachers, got involved with sports, and, overall, just had fun.

I was so nervous going into my freshman year. On the first day of school, I didn’t want to get out of the car. I had told my mom to drive around in the parking lot one more time, but she kicked me out. As I got into my first class, I was relaxed because some of my friends who I knew outside of school were in my class. After my first class, I was fine the rest of the day and the year. I made tons of new friends my freshman year and those people are still my friends today.

My freshman year was also exciting because I had tried out for softball in the spring and made varsity team as a freshman. I was so excited, shocked, and I made a lot of new friends who are now my sisters.

To any freshman who comes into high school, I would tell them to get involved with the school right away. Don’t wait like I did, but get involved, don’t be nervous, and just have fun in high school years.

My sophomore and junior have been a blast too. I have to say these years have been the best so far. I got more involved with the school by going to football games, getting involved in spirit, and joining the cross country team my sophomore year.

I started to get better grades as a sophomore. Now that I am a junior, I have really improved and earned much better grades than I did previously .

I have no regrets because I am a firm believer of “everything happens for a reason.”

I have had so many great teachers at Tracy High, and I want to thank every single one of them. They all taught me something new every day. My favorite teacher is probably Mrs. Wallace. She teaches English, and she is just the sweetest thing in the entire world.

I also really love Mrs. Bassett too. She teaches pre-calculus and geometry. I had her my freshman year and now in my junior year, and she is still the same: Always excited about doing she math. I love her teaching style, and she makes me want to be able to teach high school kids.

I plan to finish out the last of my junior year with good grades, hopefully, winning sections for softball, and having another great school year.

Next year, I hope to have a great senior year with all the activities, and getting more involved with the school. I plan to have a blast. I also plan to go to a four -year college and play softball. I cannot wait to see what happens in the future. I am so excited.