This is my high school career: Averie Ramirez

Averie Ramirez, junior

Wayne Thallander

Averie Ramirez, junior

Averie Ramirez, Staff Reporter

My entire high school experience thus far has been interesting. I have had many ups and downs both socially and academically.

My transition into high school was not as difficult as I expected it to be. I realized that I wasn’t alone and that was a really good feeling. The size of the campus is significantly different from my middle school, but, thankfully, it was pretty easy to get used to.

Freshman through sophomore year, I was a part of the junior varsity soccer team. It was an amazing experience to be a part of a winning team.  We all bonded, and it was great to have that feeling of being a part of a family. I think that the team sleepover really helped me get close to them, and made me feel like they really accepted me. Academically, I met a few different challenges with subjects such as Spanish and math. Thanks to the help of some teachers and friends, I was able to get through the last semester of my sophomore year.

Junior year has been the scariest by far. I have had to really crack down and focus on my life academically. I have had to begin to think about what I will do after high school which is something I do not like to do. I have also formed great relationships that have helped me get through this really stressful year.

I’m really looking forward to senior year, mostly because I can’t wait to start my life on my own. I’m really excited to be independent and become my own person. I am, not, however, looking forward to the more stressful things that are to come. I have very high hopes and expectations for my senior year and look forward to being a part of the graduating class of 2015.

After high school I plan on going to De Anza Community College and then transfer to Cal State Monterey Bay or the University of California, Santa Cruz, and hopefully, majoring in psychology. I also plan to play soccer every step of the way.

High school has forced me to grow up. It has made me realize that not everyone is going to be in your life forever, and sometimes that is okay. It has helped me become more independent and take responsibility for my actions.