Q + A: Special Education teacher Judith Saldanha

Special Education teacher Judith Saldanha prepares to start her huge amounts of paper work with a smile.

Hayley Nunes

Hayley Nunes, Staff Reporter

Special Education teacher Judith Saldanha loves working with her students. When working with her students she has to find a different way to teach each and one and loves helping them learn. She believes in her student’s abilities to learn. She has been teaching at Tracy High School for 19 years.

What is your favorite movie and why? “‘Gone with the Wind because it’s very romantic.”

What is the last book you read? Best book? “The last book I read was Diversion. I thought it was good, but my favorite book is ‘Gone with the Wind.’ ‘Gone with the Wind’ is one of my favorite books because the literary genre I most enjoy is historical fiction and ‘Gone with the Wind’ is one of the best!”

What is the most difficult part about your job? “I don’t like it when students don’t want to learn.”

Do you have any hobbies? “Yes I do, I love to garden and absolutely love to read.”

What is your favorite restaurant? “My favorite restaurant in Tracy is the Thai Café. I love it.I like spicy food and Thai Cafe will customize the spiciness for you.”

What is your favorite fast food restaurant? “I don’t like to eat fast food, but if I had to choose one it would be In-N-Out.It’s favorite because my grandchildren love it and they always choose this when they visit.”

What is the best trip you ever took? “The best trip I took was when I went to New Zealand three years ago. I stayed there for about six weeks. It was really nice.I have actually visited New Zealand three times; their seasons are the opposite of ours, so December is summer in New Zealand and they have barbeques for Christmas!  The people are friendly and the country is one of the most beautiful in the world.”

If you could have any super power, what would you have? “The super power I would want to have is to be a motivation for all kids to learn. I would want all students to learn.”

Where did you go to college? “I went to University of the Pacific.I got my special education credentials as well as my master’s at University of the Pacific because it is a great school and their education credentials are recognized all over the United States.”

What motivates you? “The thing that motivates me is that I know every single student can learn one way or another.”

What makes you happy? “The thing that makes me happy is when I am outside in my backyard gardening. I grow roses and have a collection that I enjoy all summer.”

What are you favorite types of books do you like to read? “I am an eclectic reader and read all kinds of books; however, historical fiction is my favorite kind.