This is my high school career: Esmeralda Arellano

Esmeralda Arellano, junior

Esmeralda Arellano, junior

Esmeralda Arellano, Staff Reporter

As the year comes to an end, I look back on what my junior year was like, although I went to a different school (Washington High in Fremont) for the majority of my junior year, I look back on all the memories I made in both cities. I can successfully say that I have a ton of memories, and I love all of them. I enjoyed my year to the fullest. I participated in a lot of school events and, I also made a lot of friends along the way.

When it was time to leave my old school, I was sad because I had a lot of things set up, and I was already comfortable there. At the same time I was excited because I was coming back to Tracy (I lived here from 8th grade to the middle of 10th grade year) and I never wanted to leave in the first place.

I was excited to see all the friends that I made her, and being able to see my bet friend all the time. Living in Fremont made it a lot harder for me to see her. When my first day of school at Tracy High came around, I was nervous, although I went to this school for my freshman year, I didn’t recognize a lot of people.

When I went to my third period I was really nervous because I didn’t see any of my friends in the class. It was filed with new people that I didn’t know. They were all friendly to me. As soon as I walked in, they all started asking me questions like “Where are you from?” and “How old are you?” I started talking to them and felt welcome.

I continued to go to all of my classes and I started seeing a lot of people I knew, I felt better and I didn’t feel like an outcast anymore. I finished my first week and it went really smoothly. I met a lot of new people and made a lot of new friends. I knew I was going to have a good year after that.

My goals for next year are to get a 4.0 and to be in as many IB classes as possible. I also want to do all the senior activities because those only come around once, plus I don’t want look back and say oh I wish I would have done that. I would like to enjoy and take in every last moment of high school that I will have because next year will be my last year, after that it’s off to college. So basically I just want to enjoy every last minute of it and really take it in and be able to say I had the best senior year I have no regrets.