Homecoming week set for Oct 12-16

Seniors work on the float skirt on Sept. 28.

Marcus Guillen, Staff Reporter

By Marcus Guillen

Staff Reporter

Homecoming for Tracy High is right around the corner on Oct. 12-16 with plans being made and flower parties on Mondays and Wednesdays. Flower parties were on Sept 28 and 30, and will also be held on Oct. 5, and 7.

The night rally has a rehearsal on Oct. 13, at 6 p.m. The night rally is on Oct. 14 at 7 p.m. in Wayne Schnider Stadium. The powder puff game between the senior and junior girls on Oct. 15, following the freshmen game which starts at 5 p.m. The parade is in downtown Tracy on Oct. 16, at 3 p.m. The homecoming football sophomore game starts at 5 p.m. and the varsity game starts at 7:15 p.m. Other events during homecoming week are the dance on Oct. 16 from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

Sarah Kuczma, Associated Student Body (ASB) president, announced the class themes for homecoming. The theme for the seniors is ESPN, juniors-MTV, sophomores-Nickelodeon, and freshmen-Animal Planet. The theme is going to be used in making a float for the parade, night rally, and dress-up days throughout homecoming week.

Tracy High is looking to channel surf, meaning Brutus (the mascot) will be switching through the channels. ASB officers are going to have to plan for the dance, night rally, crowning of the king and queen, and royal court. King and queen will be announced at the end of the night rally.

When you do the planning you have to take into the account for the float, flower parties, skit, music, night rally, parade, choosing the theme and deciding which grade gets what

— Kuczma

Hayley Fife, ASB vice-president, feels her role will impact homecoming by,”making sure everyone is doing their job, is happy, and staying positive for the whole homecoming week.”

Homecoming is a stressful time for  ASB or class officers because they have to deal with everything going on with the float building or night rally.

“Since I’m in ASB this year, it should be new because usually I help design the float, so this year I get to help put together the rally,” Hailey Warren, ASB treasurer, said.

Warren is excited about being able to do something different than being just a class officer.