Students enjoy holiday traditions

Beautifully+decorated+Christmas+tree+for+the+holidays+

Beautifully decorated Christmas tree for the holidays

Samantha Farmer, Staff Reporter

Everyone celebrates the holidays in a different way. Some people stay at home, others travel to visit family or go on a vacation. Some people even do simple things with their family, like wearing matching pajamas or taking a family photo.

One student at Tracy High who believes in God and Jesus has a tradition of reenacting the birth of baby Jesus with her family.

“every year my family and I reenact the birth of baby Jesus,” junior Destiny Sandridge said. “If we don’t get it right the first time, then we have to keep doing it until it is done right.”

Singing songs around the Christmas tree with family and relaxing is also a popular tradition.

“My favorite thing about Christmas is playing the piano while singing with my family around the tree,” senior Julia Coty said.

Even the little things like decorating make christmas enjoyable when it is spent with family.

“I really enjoy putting the Christmas ornaments on the tree with my mom and my sister,” senior Adam Mora said.

A lot of people also enjoy going house-to-house to look at Christmas lights.

“My family and I go driving around to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve,” senior Brett Mansell Said
“it’s just great seeing all of the families putting in a lot of work decorating their house for the Christmas spirit”

Some have other traditions that don’t involve their family, but things they enjoy doing for themselves during the holiday season.

“Every year I go to the store and buy egg nog on Dec. 1, because that is how I start to feel the Christmas spirit…by drinking egg nog,” senior Katherine Amaral said.
“Also, my stepdad and brother put the lights on the tree, and then we play Christmas music while putting the ornaments on.”

Some people don’t celebrate Christmas, but they do make the holidays special by celebrating Hanukkah.

“For Hanukkah we celebrate it for eight days and we normally get like money or gifts,” senior Jenna Rasmussen. “It’s a relaxing time and the family eats and parties all together, its just a lot of fun.”

Christmas is the time of the year, for people to express their love and appreciation through religious traditions and family gatherings.