Tracy High students eager to jump to spring break

Julissa Vargas and her friends hike Mission Peak over spring break.

Marty Vargas

Cera Domantay, Staff reporter

Spring break is just around the corner and students are either spending their week on vacation out-of-town, relaxing at home, or working. Many students want to spend their break at home, so that they can have some time to themselves and enjoy a week off with their families.

Some families made plans ahead of time to go on vacation out-of-town, so the student would have to take additional days off of school.

“I am beyond excited for my trip to Mexico,” senior Areysi Rodrigues said. “I can’t wait to see all of my family and to have two weeks off from school.”

“My family and I are spending the week in Arizona to visit my cousins,” senior Isaiah Suniga said. “It is always a fun time when we get the chance to see them.”

“I made plans with my friends to drive up to Monterey, so we could go to Cannery Row and walk along the beach,” junior Hayley Swift said.

Many students at Tracy High have jobs, so they will be spending a lot of their spring break at work. Having a job takes away a lot of free time, so it is very hard for the students that have one to go on vacation or do what they want to do.

“I have a job at Papa John’s, so that is where I will be most of my break,” senior Maria Rodrigues said.

“My sister works at Papa John’s, so I’m looking forward to going in and getting free personal pizzas from her,” sophomore Maggie Rodrigues said.

“I am scheduled to work every day this spring break,” senior Brandon Birdi said. “McDonald’s is the last place I want to spend my week off, but I really need the money.”

It has been a long year and some students want to use the time off to relax and catch up on things at home. Doing homework and projects every week can get tiring so using the week to catch up on sleep and spend time with family is always a good way to enjoy spring break.

“Hopefully, my mom let’s me stay out late this week since it’s break,” senior Cecilia Duarte said. “I just want to make sure it will be one for the books.”

Some students are having a medical procedure during the break.

I am getting my wisdom teeth ripped out on the first day of break. I guess you can say that it will be the most fun spring break I will ever have. Eating ice cream and smoothies in bed is something that I can live with.

— Elijah Leyva

Spring break is the last break students get in the school year, and it should definitely be taken advantage of.

“I don’t have any specific plans made for spring break, but I do hope to hike Mission Peak a few times and hang out with my friends,” junior Julissa Vargas said. “My previous spring breaks haven’t been great, so I hope this will be a memorable one.”