Boys shot-put setting new Personal Records

Ali Davis, Adviser

The Boys’ varsity shotput has had a successful season, with everyone improving and preparing for finals, they should be able to accomplish great things.

Sophomore Brandin Farmer has been a key player to Tracy Highs sophomore shotput team. With his best shot being 43.5ft and disc 116 he has been helping his team out tremendously. He is also currently ranked first in the Sac Joaquin league for shot put.

“Some of my goals this season for shotput are to stay being competitive and always striving for a new PR,” Farmer said.

“The best thing about being in shotput is continuing to practice for better a PR and making me stronger for football season,” Farmer also said.

Senior Justin Thompson has been doing shotput for all four years of high school personal best PR being 38’6.

“So far this season has been great; the throwers are all doing exceptionally good and aren’t giving up. Being a senior what I am going to miss most is the relationship you get with other kids and coaches, it was a great four years,” Thompson said.

I think as a team we will do great in finals. We all have potential, we just need to strive for our best.

— Justin Thompson

Another senior that has made an impact on this team is Haiden Hall. His PR is 46’10 for shotput and 141’6 for discuss.

“Our season has been going pretty well. Overall, our whole throwing team has improved tremendously since the first day of the season. We have a lot of potential coming up in the next couple of years,” Hall said.

“What I am going to miss most when I leave is being able to compete in all of the track meets, it was my favorite part of track, competing from 30-50 students all over,” Hall said.

The boys’ shotput will continue their season in finals; the dates are to be determined.