Bulldogs Kickoff the Volleyball Season

Ellie Hernandez, Op/Ed Editor

The Tracy High Girl’s Volleyball team kicked off their season with a 1-3 record. Recently, they had their first home game against Kimball and took the win.

The team still has a full season ahead. According to multiple players on the team, the main goal is to make it to the section championship, as they have achieved in previous years ago.

“We need to grow and improve upon our mistakes from last season,” varsity head coach Cat Ebojo said. “Teams are tougher now and we can’t rely on the same strategy to carry us through to the end.”  

Ebojo believes that the team must change their plays in order to make it to sections again for the third time in the past four years.  

“Just working together and executing faster on plays and finishing the game when we need to and scoring points when we need to,” senior captain Chloe Lemons explained.

Lemons is a four year varsity player and was one of few on the team that won the section championship game her freshman year. She hopes she can gain another victory in her final season on the varsity team.  

“I hope I can help us bring the energy on the court, so that we can work our way up to sections,” senior captain Claire Hamer said.

Hamer is the team’s starting libero, which is usually one of the loudest on the courts, and hopes to make it to sections again. Hamer has been on varsity for 3 years now and hopes she can be a good asset to the team for her final season at Tracy High School.  

With more than half of the team graduating this year, Ling Han, a junior on the team, shares her experience in bonding with the upper class.

“I don’t even want to think about losing some of my favorite seniors towards the end,” Han continued. “It makes me sad because I feel like I have such a great bond with all of them and I will definitely miss them all next year.”

The Bulldogs verse Downey on 9/8 in an away game at Modesto.