• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Bulldogs Celebrate Homecoming

Ling Han, Hannah Bahar, Kailani Sablan, Natalia Lomeli and Katherine Nguyen

On Monday, September 25th, Tracy High School began their Homecoming, starting off with spirit week. Leadership started off the week with a surprise, decorating the main building hallways with each grades class colors.  

Tracy High students and staff celebrated as the week went on, filling the week with fun spirit days and traditional home coming activities. The thrilling week led to the Bulldogs’ final day of Homecoming and the yearly parade. 

The Parade 

On Friday, October 29th, Tracy High began their final day of Homecoming with their annual home coming parade after school at 3:40 p.m. Tracy residents, friends, and families joined the Bulldogs downtown to watch floats, bands, clubs, community groups, and walking groups from Tracy High as they strolled through the parade, starting on sixth street. 

“I enjoy being able to spread awareness on a topic that has such gravity,” Amaya Martinez, the Wellness Club President and senior at Tracy High School, said. 

The parade began with Tracy High’s band, followed by The Monte Vista Middle School Band, Sweetheart’s from each of Tracy High’s clubs, along with their 2024 Royalty Court and Homecoming Queen and King, Natalie Hewey and Ronin Contreras. 

Madison Cornwell

“It was so much fun being in the Homecoming court because you are so involved with everything in the rally and it was fun being in the parade,” Madison Cornwell, a runner up in the Royalty Court, said. 

As we captured the Bulldogs ambition, we also got to see each class’s holiday themed floats that Tracy High students decorated themselves during flower parties. 

The Freshmen Class (2027) had Saint Patrick’s Day, the Sophomore Class (2026) had Halloween, the Junior Class (2025) had 4th of July, and the Senior Class (2024) had New Years Eve. 

With the hard work from the Junior and Senior Class, they took a tie for first place in the class float contest, defeating the Freshmen and Sophomore Classes. 

The Dance 

After Tracy High defeated Lincoln with a score of 26-7, the Bulldogs ended the night with their last event, the Homecoming dance. As students made their way to the cafeteria for the dance, scanning their 5-star app, there were glow-in-the dark accessories passed out. The cafeteria was decorated with a crafted cardboard painting of each classes holiday, neon lights, and DJ Derek who was playing different genres of music. 

“Setting up was fun because it made me realize that it was my last time experiencing Homecoming,” Ling Han, a four-year leadership member, and current senior at Tracy High, described. “Even though I was tired from the week, it felt good to set something up for people to enjoy the night whether you’re a senior or freshmen experiencing Homecoming for the last or first time.”  

As Han emphasized her love for making sure this was a memorable experience for the students, she also took pride in her and her team’s work to make this a special experience for not only herself, but also the senior class. 

“The most memorable part was DJ Derek letting me play with his equipment,” Han said with a smile. 

Tracy High’s Homecoming of 2023 was a success and the students of Tracy High were grateful for being Bulldogs. 

View Comments (1)