Not Your Typical Pumpkin Patch

Jake Rooney picking out the best pumpkin

Jenna Burks, Staff Reporter

Madeline Machado making sure the little ones have fun.

As fall comes along we get ready for the cooler weather, fall sports, and of course our favorite Halloween Festivities.

On Oct. 18, Tracy High’s FFA put together a pumpkin patch with games and activities for preschoolers and kindergarteners.        

Every year the pumpkin patch is held in our landscape area near the back parking lot.

“The pumpkin patch started long before I came. I was hired in 2007, so I’ve been doing it for 11 years,” said Laura Kelley, one of the AG teachers at Tracy High. 

Each year, students help put together the pumpkin patch.  The first meeting took place on September 25th, “… that’s where we’ll go through all of our games and activities and determine which ones the students want to do because FFA students plan the event,” said Kelley. 

Each year there are new activities and games to participate in, such as the petting zoo, corn maze, and the duck pond.

Although the pumpkin patch is just for the kids, the volunteers have a lot of fun dressing up in costumes for the kid.

“My favorite part was getting to see all the little kids so happy and come and get all the candy and play all the games and just having a good time,” said Presley Bender, a senior at Tracy High

Just like all the prior years, the pumpkin patch was a success. It wouldn’t have been possible without all the FFA students.