Students look for unique Halloween costumes

Tracy High students dress up for a Halloween party.

Maxine Almendra, Staff Reporter

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. It’s a day where everyone gets to dress up any way they want. From Disney Princesses to spooky ghosts, Halloween is a day where everyone is free to be someone else.

Although masks and fake weapons are not allowed at Tracy High, students are still encouraged to be spirited and dress up for the occasion.

Student Clayton Walker is excited to dress up as Shaggy from the Mystery Gang.

“I’m gonna wear my green shirt with corduroy pants and bring a Scooby-Doo stuffed animal,” Walker said. “I love that you get to dress up and be someone else for the day.”

Tracy High student Jessica Gibson is also excited to wear her Halloween costume.

“I’m excited to dress up as The Little Mermaid,” Gibson said. “She’s my favorite Disney character.”

Disney seems to be a popular inspiration for girls during Halloween.

“I really love Disney because it makes me feel like a kid again. That is why I have decided to dress up as Minnie Mouse this year,” Tracy High senior Rebecca Delarosa said.

Some students are even getting more creative with their costumes like senior Michael Motyka.

“I’m going to dress up as an iPhone for Halloween. It’s really different, and I haven’t seen someone try it before,” Motyka said.

Couples at Tracy High are also coordninating Halloween costumes. Ellie Fisher and her boyfriend Brandon Tan are inspired to dress up as the cute elderly couple from Pixar’s movie ‘Up’.

“Brandon and I are probably going to look through Goodwill to find clothes to wear to dress up as Ellie and Carl,” Fisher said.

However, some students love Halloween but don’t feel motivated to dress up for school.

“It is such a hassle, and I don’t want to have to question if its school appropriate or not,” junior Isabelle Milburn said.

The school dress code still applies. This is usually a problem for girls as a lot of the store bought costumes for teen girls are quite showy. Ming a costume at home is a good way to ensure your Halloween costume is fun, affordable, and appropriate.

Senior Minyon Spencer is ready to dress up as Mario and Luigi with her best friend Jill Finney.

“I’m just going to wear green hat and tape a white circle to it. It is easy to do and it is obvious who I’m going to be dressed up as,” Spencer said.

Even Tracy High teachers are getting into the Halloween spirit, according to senior Kaeli Vierra.

“Ms. Fonseca’s class is celebrating Day of the Dead. All of us in her Spanish class are required to dress up in candy skull make-up,” Kaeli said. Day of the Dead is a Mexican holiday that celebrates the death of loved ones and relatives.

Whether it’s cute, scary, or homemade, Tracy High is definitely ready for Halloween.