Andrade places first in Menchie’s art contest

Chris Coykendall

Sophomore Hunter Andrade works on her artwork.

Chris Coykendall, Staff Reporter

Tracy High sophomore Hunter Andrade captured first place in the Menchie’s frozen yogurt sponsored art contest.

The top three from each school were selected to receive a Menchie’s gift card and certificate. The second place winner was senior Kate Jacob and the third place winner was freshman Aracellie Espinoza.

Andrade used this art contest to show her love for farm animals and involvement in Future Farmers of America (FFA) at Tracy High.

“I looked on the internet and saw all of the different Menchie’s characters,” Andrade said, “Since I’m in FFA, I drew the cow because it would be fitting to my personality.”

Andrade entered the contest not only because she enjoys drawing, but because Menchie’s has her favorite flavor of yogurt, chocolate. She received a $20 gift card to Menchie’s and a certificate for winning.

“When I found out I won, I was like, ‘Wow, I get $20 worth of yogurt.’” Andrade said.

The second place winner described her drawing of the Menchie’s logos.

“I drew two of the Menchie’s logos,” Jacob said. “I put a lot of different colors in them.”

Like Andrade, Jacob also enjoys drawing. She received a $15 gift card and a certificate for second place.

Espinoza, who earned third place, was proud of her accomplishment.

“I’m glad I won something,” Espinoza said. “My artwork is finally being recognized.”

She received a $10 gift card to Menchie’s as well as a certificate. Espinoza’s favorite flavor is vanilla.

“When I go to Menchie’s I get the vanilla yogurt.” Espinoza said. “I add M&M’s and other sweet stuff to it.”

The artwork from these students and the artwork of students from Kimball and West are on display. Customers can vote for the top two artists. These winners will receive a grand prize, much more than a gift card and certificate.

“I like supporting the high schools in this area,” Menchie’s owner Bob Bloche said. “It’s good for both business and the community.”