Gupta and Asah named Mr. and Ms. Bulldog during Hoopla festivities

The varsity girls basketball team shows off their spirit at the Black Light rally.

Wayne Thallander

Isabelle Milburn, Staff Reporter

Highlighting Hoopla week was the crowning of Aditya Gupta and Devra Asah as Mr. and Ms. Bulldog at half-time of the basketball game on Feb. 7.“Honestly it was a bit emotional for me,” Gupta said. “I started off high school not being one of the ‘popular’ kids, so winning Mr. Bulldog was a different accomplishment for me outside of my comfort zone.”

“It felt really good,” Asah said. “Maybe because I thought I wasn’t going to win. I was really excited because Hoopla week has been my favorite school event ever since my freshman year.”

Mr. and Ms. Bulldog both had their favorite parts of Hoopla week. “Performing at the Black Light rally was my favorite part of Hoopla week,” Asah said.

“With being in the IB diploma class schedule I have basically been in all of the same classes with all of the same people,” Gupta said. “So getting out of class just to interact with different kids and just being a part of leadership for the week was my favorite part of Hoopla week.”

“The rally turned out a lot better than I thought it would,” junior class president Alessandra Rodriguez said. “I have been in previous Hoopla weeks and I always had pictured it bigger than what they were.”

The Black Light rally held after school on Feb. 3 was the highlight of Rodriguez’s week.

“Painting our faces, seeing everything glow, just watching all of it come together and turn out right was awesome,” Rodriguez said.

The Hoopla basketball game on Feb. 7 ended with Lincoln winning 72-60.

The final event to conclude Hoopla week was the Hoopla dance on Friday night.

“The dance was a lot of fun,” Rodriguez said. “Everyone came pumped up. The game ended early, so people were excited because the dance was longer than it was supposed to be.”

Sophomore Christina Suarez (left) performs with the club Asian Pacific Islanders (API) at the Black Light rally.
Senior Purnima Mahabali performs with club Round of Applause (ROA) at the Black Light rally.
Senior Tatum Holdener performs with the varsity cheer team at the Black Light rally.
Senior Lauren Perry shows off her moves with the dance team at the Black Light rally.

Seniors Devra Asah and Clayton Fegget performing their dance routine at the Black Light rally.
Senior Lindsie Stokes performs in the Black Light rally with the other Mr. and Ms. Bulldog candidates.