Senior class activities approaching

A group of seniors sing karaoke at Senior Breakfast.

Wayne Thallander

Rachael Rodrigues, Staff Reporter

With the year coming to an end, many seniors are excited for the numerous class activities that are quickly approaching. In the next couple of weeks seniors will have Senior Breakfast, the Magic Mountain trip, and Senior Beach day.

Senior Breakfast is being held in the cafeteria on April 16, from 7:30 to 10 a.m.

The cafeteria will be catering the breakfast and seniors will be able to wear their favorite pajamas.

Many students are disappointed that they are not able to dress up in costumes of their choice as they were able to in previous years.

“I am outraged and upset that we are not able to dress up,” senior Noah Martinez said. “I think we should be able to keep up that tradition that our classes before us have passed onto us.”

Other students seem to understand this change and see the reason for it.

“I wish we could dress up for breakfast; however, I understand that people were taking it too far and dressing up inappropriately,” senior Associated Student Body Vice-President Samantha Worthington said. “I don’t have a problem dressing in pajamas because that is what Senior Breakfast start as being and it developed into a costume party which wasn’t meant for the original event.”

The Magic Mountain trip will take place on May 15 to May 16. The first payment of $100 was due on March 7. The last payment of $85 is due on May 2.

There was a limit of 200 students that were able to sign up for the trip. Seniors had to be eligible by having zero Saturday School hours, above a GPA of 2.0, and no in danger of failing on any progress or report card.

“I am not too worried about the limited space for Magic Mountain because we had extra space anyway,” Worthington said. “I think everyone that wants to be there, will, so it will be a lot of fun.

Beach Day is being held at Tracy High in the pool area on May 20, and will occupy the full duration of the school day.

Buffalo Wild Wings will be catering beach day while students swim, listen to music, and hang around the pool with their friends.

Students seem to be most excited for this event.

“I am most excited for Beach Day because I get to spend all day with my friends,” Worthington said. “I can’t wait to swim and just lay around the pool.”

Every year there has been a belly flop contest, senior Andrew Pereira can’t wait for this event.

“I am really excited for beach day,” Pereira said. “I cannot wait to belly flop on my stomach, eat good food, and just enjoy the day.”