Black Friday, Cyber Monday kick off holiday shopping season

Melanie Markovic searches for websites participating in Cyber Monday.

Kharyem Mitchell

Kharyem Mitchell, Staff Reporter

Kharyem Mitchell

Staff Reporter

Black Friday, Nov. 28, the day after Thanksgiving, is known as the first day of traditional Christmas shopping, during which crowds of consumers are drawn to special offers by retailers.

Black Friday is getting bigger and bigger every year.

“Last year I went with my brother, and I wasn’t able to even get into the stores I wanted to go to because it was so crowded,” senior Tomas Landeros said.

Students are excited and ready for Black Friday.

“I haven’t been to Black Friday, but all my friends talk about it, and I am really excited to go out and look for all the good prices,” Freshman Jacqui Yost said.

People are willing to stay out all night to get what they want.

“Every year my family and I camp out of the mall to get the best items and gifts, but this year I’m going by myself,” senior Alexis Aldaco said.

There are many sales and good prices during this time of year.

I do all of my Christmas and birthday shopping during black Friday because all the prices are low and I save money,

— Senior Shane Sullivan

Students like to go shopping for clothes and shoes.

Many people stay in their city to go shopping, but a lot of others like to expand where they go.

“Every year I go about four different malls, just so I can have a better chance of finding something I really like,” Sullivan said.

A lot of shopping goes on during this day, but if shoppers wait the following Monday, they can shop online.

Many people don’t like waiting in lines and the crowd of people so they shop from their computer on Cyber Monday. This gives people a chance to get things they like on sale.

“Since I’m smaller, I like using Cyber Monday so I don’t have to fight with all those crazy people,” junior Malik Ali said.

“I’m hoping to get a lot of my shopping done online, so I don’t have to go out to the mall and purchase them there,” junior Jordan Roberts said.