• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Large Crowd for Senior Night

Basketball Senior Night Recap

Tracy High School hosted a thriller last Friday night against West High School with a crushing win against the Wolfpack, 54-52, in the last game of the season. The environment for this game was spectacular with fans overflowing from the bleachers. The schools went back and forth all the way until the final buzzer, where sophomore Maximillan Mason drained the midrange shot with only a few seconds left in the game. After a missed shot at the buzzer from West, the Tracy High fans stormed the court in what was a very memorable moment for the team.

The crosstown classic was also senior night for the Bulldogs, where the team got to have a nice celebration for seniors Malcom Akamien, Japri Jamison, Samear Lattier and Jeremiah Costilla.

“It feels good. It’s kind of sad at the same time but it felt good overall,” Akamien responded, when asked how it felt playing his last home game.

Mason played a huge role in the win over the rivals. Not only did he hit the game winner, but he was also getting to his spot all night and exposed the Wolfpack defense.

“It felt amazing. My team was there for me, and I knew I wasn’t going in there alone. We fought hard and we made some mistakes but took the W in the end,” Mason said, when asked about how it felt to play in front of the huge crowd.

“Beating West felt great, you know, and Max hitting that game winner really just sealed the deal for us,” Ahmad Hardman said.

They finished the season with only seven wins, but the Bulldogs got to end their year on a high note after avenging the Wolfpack.

“We had a few games that didn’t go our way, but we learned from them, and you saw everyone get better. We worked hard and when you work hard you get a good outcome,” Mason responded, in regard to the team’s progress over the year.

While this season may have been disappointing, the future for Bulldogs basketball is bright. Many key players will be coming back next season ready to bounce back.