• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Bulldogs Race Past the Mustangs

Photo+Credit%3A+Stu+Jossey++
Photo Credit: Stu Jossey

The Bulldogs of Tracy High School dominated the Mountain House Mustangs 33-14 in Friday night’s football game at Mountain House.

Tracy claimed the win, but Tracy High School head football coach Jeff Pribble said he would give the team a “seven out of 10” on their performance.

Coach Pribble was very proud of how his team played but felt they can perform better in the future.

“They are capable of more and I hope they know the game was not perfect as there were many mistakes,” Pribble said.

Coach Pribble said he doesn’t want the team to feel satisfied after a early season win. Instead, he is pushing for the Bulldogs to learn and grow from their early season mistakes.

Repeating the words of his head coach, quarterback Aidan Van Os believes the Bulldogs had a good game but can improve on the simple mistakes the team made on Friday.

“There are lot of things we can clean up going into Downey,” Van Os explained, pointing to a strong week of practice as a way to better prepare for the Vikings of Downey.

Friday’s game had its fair share of highlights, though. Defensive back Jeremy Haynes, along with Van Os described a moment that stood out to them was when defensive back, Tony Romano, intercepted the ball and scored a touchdown.

“The defenses pick six,” Van Os said. “I feel like that was really the turning point. I feel like that was the most energetic play from the game.”

Haynes was quick to acknowledge the Bulldog fan presence as a key to the team’s success.

“They really helped us,” Haynes nodded. “The louder they got, the better we preformed.”

The Bulldogs will be back in action this week as the team hosts the Downey Vikings on Friday.

View Comments (2)