• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Acts of Random Kindness Club

Ariana Montemayor, Ashley Landi, Janessa Coakley, Bonnie Rickman, Blen Beyene

Tracy High’s Ark club stands for Acts of Random Kindness which has kicked into full gear for the start of the new school year. 

Ark is heavily involved in their community and has made sleeping bags for the homeless by gathering materials to crochet plastic bags together.   

Ashley Landi, senior and president of ARK Club, is planning on pursuing childcare after graduating from Tracy High School. 

Janessa Coakley is a senior vice president who loves humanitarianism and social change.  

Blen Beyene and Leila Flores, two seniors at Tracy High School, are both ARK’s social media coordinators. 

Bonnie Rickman is a senior secretary for ARK club, wanting to peruse in business after graduating. 

Ariana Montemayor is also a senior who is the treasurer of the club, who enjoys reading and the beach. 

ARK Clubs’ main purpose is to spread kindness and positivity throughout the community. 

“We are planning to do bake sales and expand community service,” regarding the future for the club, Landi said. 

In ARK you get the opportunity to help others, participate in countless activities and allow students to obtain community service hours, while overall spreading kindness to the Tracy High School community. 

“We want to be the most recognized club in Tracy,” Landi said. In a past meeting, the ARK club members brainstormed ways they could stand out from other clubs. 

Some activities ARK plans on pursuing this school year are decorating the school, like balloons around campus, a kindness jar in the wellness center, treats for security guards or janitors and flowers to show teacher appreciation. 

Letters For Rose club has collaborated with ARK club in the past. Letter for Rose Club had members write letters for the elderly, and ARK went to the senior living facilities to hand out the letters.  

Besides Letters for Rose, ARK has even worked with other ARK clubs all around California when attending meetings in San Jose. 

A goal ARK has this school year is to set up workshops for their club members to learn new and intricate skills.  

“We plan to do letter writing campaigns to write letters of gratitude or encouragement to people in our lives that have made a positive impact or just teachers and staff,” Beyene said.  

When they create items, they donate them to local charities or nonprofit organizations. 

ARK is considering creating a quilt where they decorate squares of fabric with positive and uplifting messages to sew together and donate to local charities. 

ARK hopes to incorporate young students into their goal of spreading positivity throughout Tracy, CA. 

“Every officer on the team is a senior so no one is going to be here next year so you better put your work in because you might be getting an officer position. You might be president, you might be vice president, treasurer, secretary, social media officer,” Beyene said.  

This year, the ARK Club has around 80 members, greatly exceeding the number of members the club had last year. This allows the club to continue to grow as the years go on and the seniors graduate from Tracy High School.